How It Works
- Download the app, enter your information, and select the contacts you want to notify about your safe arrival.
- Enter a destination and select how you’ll be getting there: via Uber, Lyft, taxi or walking.
- For the first two options, you receive the pricing for them so that you can select your most cost-efficient option.
- When taking a ride with someone you don’t know, take a photo of their license plate. This image will act as an immediate deterrent, putting the driver on notice that others know the vehicle in which you’re riding.
- The app displays the path to your destination and provides you with an ETA for your trip.
- Start your trip (and the app displays where you are along the journey and if the recommended path is being followed).
- As the ETA approaches, you’ll receive an alert asking if you’ve arrived safely.
- If you respond to the alert that you’ve arrived safely, it will notify your network.
- If you do not respond to the alert, your network will receive a message stating that something might be wrong and the pictures you took along with your last GPS location.
BestRides provides peace of mind for anyone worried about their loved ones – sons and daughters, spouses and parents – traveling alone.